Friday, September 30, 2005 | On this day:

Mt. St. Mary's

Invitation
Rules

Heh... the first thing I read in the Rules document was "..all team members are in proper school uniform or else face disqualification". :-)

Anyhow, their events are:
Quiz
Talk
Programming
Ad Enact
Sloganomics
WebD
Graphic Designing
Gaming
(I dropped all the funny names.. they look cool but are too much trouble to type. :-D Check out their Invite page to see the names in full text)

Now, there is a problem. These guys have clashed programming with quiz prelims. We need to somehow manage with it. And the schedule makes no mention of the Quiz finals. :-/

And webD clashes with Digital Graphics. :-//

Things don't look good. Maybe we can send some new WebDesigners this time around? Juniors.. Prashanth was quite eager to be sent as a WebDesigner somewhere..

Gaming, only one person. This is bad. Quiz.. we can send 4 people in one team. So I think we can have me & Roshan, and those two junior quizzers: Prashanth & Shakti along with us. What do you say? Maybe we can have in WebD, a junior and me.. since I'll be free then. And for graphics Ayush and Uma can go. These are only my suggestions, since the juniors and seniors will not be meeting for a couple of days now. Discussion is open.

11 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

Here is a suggestion.. I suggest that we send an all-junior team for this event. Comprising of 9th & 11th only. This is because we will be missing school for the other events too.. not to mention DX. What do you suggest? Yet I feel like going for Quiz & WebD along with Juniors & Roshan.

 
At 6:22 AM, October 01, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

This is great ythat you are giving chance to your juniors . After all , who will be representing our school after you pass out ?

 
At 9:26 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger Uma Damle said...

Anyway..even if you decide that you are going to send the 10ths and the 12ths for the comp, you can't send me for the graphics 'cos they want to test our skills in photoshop which I ,alas, posses in very limited measures.
Vector graphics(Primarily softwares like Illustrator and Corel Draw) are my forte and I have very little associations with photoshop and the likes.

 
At 9:30 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger Uma Damle said...

I would love to apply for the quizing team though

 
At 9:56 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

Yeah, give a chance to the Juniors. I won't be going.

 
At 12:02 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

Uma can be sent to the quiz team. Since I believe we can send 4 ppl in one team, and since I have already got 2 ppl from 9th: Shakti Mehra & Prashanth in mind, since they were quite enthu about Modem, which unfortunately due to clashes with a school celebration we could not attend, they would be sent to this. So we have 2 more ppl who could be sent. Though initially I had in mind that I & Roshan along with those two could go, and they'd get some experience of how actual quizzing is done.. but now looks like its changed.

OK, Uma, I need to check how much GK you know about computers. Magazines you read regularly? Briefly tell me about which all field of comp GK are you comfortable in... Anyhow, we need one more quizzer now.

Prashanth could go for webD.. again I wanted to go along and show him how professional webD is done, but again now this post is open. So is the programming spot. Sanchit would like to go for gaming I believe?

 
At 2:09 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

*Programming* - Think about it also .

 
At 3:08 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Uma Damle said...

Shashank,can you send me a quiz questionaire of some recent computer symposium?I think that would be perfect for me to see where I stand and the areas I have to streangthen.Even the questionaire of the DX2005I would do.
I feel atleast one experianced quizzer like Roshan,Harsha or yourself should be there with us.
Digit is the Tech magazine that I read regularly along with all the extra stuff that comes with it.

 
At 11:06 AM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

15th is a 3rd saturday.. and it'll be tough for us 12thies to go. I would have loved to go, but since we will definately be going to the other events at APJ etc, we'd have to keep our participation minimum, otherwise our parents, teachers & the princi shall kill us. I can't talk for the others, just making a general statement for 12th. :-)

 
At 9:24 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Uma Damle said...

That holds good for the 10thies too.If its 3rd sat then I don't think I'll be going either.It would be best for the 9thies and the 11thies to put in a maximum participation in all the competitions now.

 
At 11:15 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Our cream is not going . No problems . we'll manage .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home