Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | On this day:

Shocking. Yet, Interesting.

We placed the nano in the path of the car and drove over it with both front and rear tires.


Driving over the nano produced sickening crunching noises which coincidentally sounded a lot like an LCD being crushed. After the first hit and run, the iPod's display was not cracked but was showing some nasty vertical lines. Shockingly, the nano was still playing music and the controls still operated as expected, as we were still able to skip ahead, go back, pause, and play music!

Full Story can be found here.

7 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Shashank I gotta do some experiment . Can you lend me your ipod for a day ?

 
At 5:43 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Also Ayush if i can get your P2P for a day , then that would be much appreciated .

 
At 6:11 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

1st, it is a PSP.
2nd, I want to exactly what you have in your mind, before I even think of handing over my PSP.

 
At 6:15 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

If you are actually thinking of seeing how a PlayStation Portable fares in the trauma and crash tests, like those idiots at arstechnica did (for iPod), then, I must say one thing: Don't even think about it. Not even in your dreams, pal.

 
At 8:54 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Ayush , disappointment clouded my heart when i came to know that i will not be able to conduct my experiment .But dont worry I have one more hope alive , SHASHANK .
You be happy with your P2P .

 
At 5:56 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

My iPOD! Argh! It wrenches my heart to see it in other hands, let alone see them roll a car over it. Forget it mate! If you give me $199 beforehand, I'll gladly give u my iPod mini and purchase a Nano. :-)

 
At 8:51 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Gurgle gurgle gurgle .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home