Friday, March 18, 2005 | On this day:

Workshops

OK guys, after 2 successful workshops, I think I must break my silence. I must thank Benjamin a lot for helping us out in getting all those guys to attend. The Digital music on 17th was fun, only that I ended with a dead throat due to all that shouting over the din and noise created by all. Thankfully, by the end of it, the ppl were mostly in control with their speakers, and I already have seen and kept in mind a couple of talented guys. We really shud get some headphones. So the guys learnt the most basic software you can look at, FruityLoops.

The second day, i.e today, 18th March, was an excellent workshop by Roshan on Programming concepts and basic C++. He started off really well and his method of explanation was excellent. He covered in brief right from the most elementary i.e processor-based calculations to how it is simplified furthur and furthur to reach high level programming, so that ppl actually knew WHY they're writing this and where it goes. Some of the 11thies like Aman etc were really upset since what they had done in 11th, was not the same as what was done here. Like they had learnt cout<< "fdfd"; while what we taught all was std::cout<"fdd"; This is the thing. We're teaching all the latest stuff, and the modern C++ syntax. So it was an eye-opener for the 11thies too, and I'm not happy with the poor 11th turnout. But I'd still prefer, if i have to choose, a strong attendance from 9th, since we're targeting them mainly. Next we have an HTML+CSS workshop on 22nd, from 12:00 to 2:00 PM by Me. I will expose again, as was in today's C++ case, to all that what we've learnt in 10th, in HTML, is mostly all old deprecated stuff. Phased out, ancient, inflexible things, I will teach all the actual modern coding practices, and the importance and use of stylesheets by provinding enough convincing examples of CSS. So it will be interesting if you attend it.

Somewhat final schedule for the next few w/s:
March 22, 12:00 to 2:00 PM: HTML+CSS - Shashank
March 23, 12:00 to 2:00 PM: Visual Basic - Shashank

Ahead of this, I am not sure. I'll post it tomorrow. The thing is that we have new things cropping up in our lives all the time, which makes this schedule very volatile. Not permanant. Can't help it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home