Monday, March 14, 2005 | On this day:

PLEASE HELP ME

DynamiX notes



This is a serious plea for help from a serious music addict to all you wizkids. I got nearly 300 songs(yah! It is a big number - they are all English pop, rock or classics) yesterday from a close friend of mine to whom I had almost begged for these songs for 2 weeks. But it seems luck was against me because when I tried to open those songs they had some strange M4A format instead of the usual MP3 format. The songs opened with neither winamp, windows media player nor realone player. So I am really in need of some suggestions from you guys. Also if you have any supporting software can you please try and bring it to school during the workshop days. please help me.
From
benjamin

4 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, March 14, 2005, Blogger Ayush Gupta said...

cherin, take my advice, and post one post only 1 time. coz, otherwise, you will make us helpless.

 
At 7:16 AM, March 14, 2005, Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

OK, I removed the other two posts. I think since Ben was still unsure of how to use blogger, he might have clicked more than once. What connection are you on Ben? Try to see if you can get some more members to join in if they are interested. See you on 17th..

 
At 7:19 AM, March 14, 2005, Blogger Shashank Shekhar said...

Hey its like the next version of mp3. mp4-thing it is.

As http://www.m4a.com says:
"M4A is a file extension used to represent the popular new international audio standard called MPEG 4 Audio. M4A is the new replacement for the older MP3 audio format and includes many enhancement and improvements. Many popular applications and hardware devices already support M4A."

Winamp 5.02 supports it. I dunno if there is a plugin for wm player.

 
At 7:28 AM, March 14, 2005, Blogger Jamie said...

I think it might work if you download itunes, from apple. They use that format, and when I got an mp3 player that used wmp, I had to figure out how to fix that problem, too.

G'luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home